A historical city and UAE's fourth-largest emirate, Sharjah is a popular tourist destination. It is the only emirate that is straddling in the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf has a coastline on both east and west.
Sharjah has been historically a wealthy city and shoulders military, legal, economic, and legal functions like other emirates. Tourism is well-developed in the emirate and offers many avenues for every kind of traveler.
The top things to do in Sharjah are:
- Heritage Town: Walk down the history lane and see the well-preserved houses from bygone eras. There are many other attractions in the same neighborhood like the House of Poetry, Al Hisn Fort, Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization, and more.
- Art Area: The art scene in Sharjah is very interesting and deserves an itinerary of its own. Several exhibits of regional and international artists are on display in Sharjah's Art Museum.
- Blue Souq: A trip to Sharjah is incomplete without shopping at Blue Souq's 600-odd shops. Find everything from gold, and designer clothes to souvenirs and traditional goods.
- Sharjah Archaeology Museum: Watch the human civilization transform from the stone age to the present age through the various excavated artifacts.
- King Fasal Mosque: A magnificent mosque in which over 15000 people can pray at a time & has an expansive library holding more than 7000 books.