United Arab Emirates' Sharjah is home to the waterfront development known as Al Majaz Waterfront. A large fountain, a playground, as well as a range of eateries and cafes, are just a few of the leisure and entertainment possibilities it offers. Along with a promenade for strolling and running, the waterfront has a tiny island with views of the city that is connected to the mainland by a bridge. The park is a favourite gathering place for residents and visitors alike and is frequently used as a venue for festivals and events.
THINGS TO DO AT AL MAJAZ WATERFRONT:
- Enjoy the view: The waterfront is a terrific place for a leisurely stroll or a picnic because it provides wonderful views of the city and the surrounding area.
- Visit the fountain: The Al Majaz Fountain is a popular spot for visitors to the area and is considered one of the largest and most advanced fountains in the Middle East.The fountain is located on a man-made lake and is surrounded by gardens, restaurants, and other attractions and performs several light and music shows everyday.
- Take a boat ride: While on the water, you may admire the lovely architecture of the nearby structures and the verdant vegetation that lines the creek's bank. Additionally, you will be able to witness the well-known Al Majaz Amphitheater, a well-liked location for events and performances.
- Take a stroll or a jog: The waterfront promenade extends along the city's edge and offers visitors a wonderful view of the Al Majaz Fountain, the city, and the surrounding surroundings. The wide, well-kept promenade is ideal for taking a leisurely stroll, jogging in the morning, or riding a bike. Additionally, it's a wonderful place for groups of friends and family to unwind together.
- Visit the island: The bridge that connects the island to the mainland provides fantastic views of the city and a lovely setting for a picnic.
- Dine out: The waterfront is home to a wide selection of eateries and cafés that serve a variety of cuisines and are ideal for a romantic date or a family dinner.
- Shawarma, kebabs, and falafel are just a few of the Middle Eastern foods served at the Al Khodariyah Café, a classic Arabian eatery.
- Al Nafoorah: This popular Lebanese restaurant serves up dishes from the country's traditional menu, including mezze platters, grilled meats, and sweets.
- The Island: A variety of ethnic foods are available at this seaside restaurant, with a specialization in seafood and Mediterranean fare. In addition to a variety of baked pastries and speciality coffee drinks, Café Bateel also serves a number of light meals.
- Attend performances and events: Concerts, cultural performances, and other activities are frequently held at Al Majaz Waterfront. The annual Sharjah Light Festival offers a spectacle of vibrant lights and projections that adorn the waterfront as well as a wide range of entertainment and cultural activities.
- Al Majaz Amphitheater: This outdoor venue presents a variety of entertainment and activities, such as musical concerts, theatrical productions, and comedic performances.
- The annual Sharjah Food Festival offers a wide selection of food and beverage vendors, as well as cooking classes and demonstrations, as well as a diversity of local and international cuisines.
- Sharjah Summer Festival: This yearly occasion offers a range of entertainment possibilities, including live music, cultural shows, and kid-friendly activities.
- Ramadan Night Market: Throughout the holy month of Ramadan, a night market on the waterfront is open, selling a range of traditional foods and commodities as well as hosting cultural performances and other events.