St. Paul's Cathedral is a recognized landmark in the London skyline thanks to its famed dome. This Anglican cathedral houses the London Bishop and acts as the mother church for the London Diocese. The church's huge, 66,000-ton dome is a marvel of engineering.
The Whispering Gallery, Stone Gallery, and Narrow Gallery are three galleries at the summit of the dome. You can reach these galleries by ascending the cathedral's five twenty-eight steps. Major historic occasions, including the wedding of Prince Charles and Diana Spencer and the funerals of Admiral Nelson and Winston Churchill, have taken place at the chapel. Once inside, you may learn more about the cathedral's fascinating past and enjoy its breathtaking interior.
How to explore St Paul's Cathedral?
- As you approach the cathedral, take in the stunning vistas down the center aisle. Spend a minute admiring Wellington's Monument, which pays tribute to the Duke of Wellington, a well-known soldier and politician.
- There are memorials honoring the explorer Robert Scott and the painter JMW Turner in addition to a marble statue of poet and former dean of the cathedral John Donne. Look for burn marks on the base of the monument, which was destroyed during the Great Fire of London.
- Also, check out The Light of the World by William Holman Hunt and Mother and Child:
- Hood by Henry Moore, a tribute to modernism, are two well-known works of art displayed there.
- Explore the crypt to find the graves and monuments of some of the country's greatest heroes, including Sir Christopher Wren, the Duke of Wellington, and Admiral Lord Nelson.
- You can observe London with awe-inspiring clarity from the Golden Gallery.
- Eat at the Café Rouge nearby. The flamboyance and ‘je ne sais quoi’ of French dining have been encapsulated by Café Rouge. This cafe combines delectable food with a genuine ambiance.
- Yo! Sushi is the coolest place in town worth visiting. Pay a visit to this place to experience its cool vibe!
- Curio Collection by Hilton is the provider of the Lost Property hotel in St. Paul's, London. As a cutting-edge hotel unlike any other, stay at this hotel to experience the luxury this city has to offer.