The Houses of Parliament is situated on the left bank of the River Thames in the borough of Westminster, London. At time referred to as the Palace of Westminster, it combines Westminster Hall, the House of Lords, and the House of Commons. Big Ben, a well-known clock tower, can also be found there. Visit the Houses of Parliament to see the center of British politics in action.
The first legislative meeting was conducted in St. Stephen's Chapel in 1275, beginning an incredibly lengthy history for the British Parliament. However, it wasn't until Henry VIII relocated to a new des-res in Whitehall in 1532 that the Palace of Westminster was made the official residence of Parliament.
What to do at the House of Parliament?
- To visit the Houses of Parliament inside, schedule a guided tour. You'll have the chance to step inside this well-known building, guided by an authority, and discover everything about how the UK parliament operates.
- The trial for a man Fawkes attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament took place in the House of Commons and Westminster Hall. These are two of the magnificent structure's highlights.
- Opt for the multimedia tour if you want to move at your own leisure. Following in the footsteps of kings and prime ministers, the trip takes you on a fascinating tour through the Palace of Westminster. Multiple languages are offered in the multimedia guide.
- Visit the famous Big Ben. Big Ben is frequently used to refer to the tower, the clock, and the bell, but the Great Bell was the first to bear the moniker.
- When sightseeing in the region, stop by this small gem located across from the Houses of Parliament. There are a few floors with various things to view. The entire event will take 10 to 20 minutes.
- Visit the Winston Churchill Statue located nearby.
- Dine in at a restaurant named One Twenty One Two. Westminster's Royal Horseguards Hotel's outstanding restaurant is One Twenty One Two.
- The Cinnamon Club is where you can get a beautiful backdrop for dining out and is close to the Houses of Parliament.
- Go to Brasserie Joel for a full meal. Brasserie Joel is an upscale London restaurant that is housed in the opulent Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London Hotel.