Camden Lock, Canal Market, Inverness Street Market, the Stables, Buck Street Market, and Electric Ballroom are just a few of the marketplaces that make up Camden Market located in Camden Borough. Similarly, the canal lock that gives Camden Lock its name is made up of three locks: Kentish Town Lock, Hawley Lock, and Hampstead (twin locks that count as one lock each). These markets are London's fourth most visited attraction and the most well-liked of Camden's must-see sights. Every weekend, they draw 100,000 visitors to their 280 booths and 54 businesses.
No automobiles travel on the canals, but occasionally you can see cyclists, nesting birds, lovely plant borders, and beautifully painted canal ships. London's Camden neighborhood has a reputation for being a haven for eccentricity and creativity. The Camden markets are the best locations to discover unique, odd souvenirs and presents from trinkets to clothes and art, not to mention the mouthwatering food booths. Some of the world's most well-known bands started their musical careers by performing in this market.
How to explore Camden Street?
- 1000+ shops and stalls that sell fashion, music, art and food lie next to Camden Lock. It's a paradise for shopaholics!
- You can go to the old and formerly renowned performance venue known as the Camden Roundhouse. It is one of the most incredible live performance spaces in the world for anyone to witness.
- Make a trip to the Electric Ballroom. The Electric Ballroom is a daytime shopping and market area that transforms into one of London's top music venues at night.
- A handful of the old fruit stands are still there at Inverness Street Market, but most have been replaced with footwear and souvenir shops. So shop to your heart's content! .
- Visit the Lemongrass Restaurant for a meal. The mild amok fish curry, which is usually cooked in a banana leaf and contains fresh lemongrass and kaffir lime, is the dish's most well-known in this restaurant.
- Splurge your way at the Cheese Wheel. Choose fresh, hand-rolled tagliatelle topped with your preferred sauce and give an extra cheesy twist by being spun inside a huge wheel of Grana Padano.
- Killa Waffles, known for its mouthwatering distinctive waffle cones, is one of the newest entrants to the Camden Market's culinary scene.