The redevelopment of the Garibaldi, Isola, and Varesine neighborhoods is a great outcome called the Piazza Gae Aulenti. The area is a fusion of the financial sector and the city's historic core. The Piazza Gae Aulenti, elevated 6 meters above the street, serves as the central focal point of the rebuilding plan.
The structures that surround the area all have unusual architectural features. However, the 231-meter-tall Unicredit Tower, now the tallest building in Italy, is the most magnificent. The Piazza Fae Aulenti's unique and modern features blend well with the nearby structures and the area's lighting. Piazza Gae Aulenti is now One of Milan's most popular tourist destinations.
How to explore Piazza Gae Aulenti?
- You might consider going to the top of the Unicredit skyscraper to take in one of Milan's most incredible 360-degree views.
- A 60-meter-diameter reflecting pool that reflects the colors of the nearby buildings and the changing seasons is surrounded by a continuous flowing circle of seating in the elegant and lovely Gae Aulenti Piazza. The pool cascades down two stories, reducing the noise pollution from the nearby roadways and producing three stunning oval cascades that let natural light and air into the lower levels. In addition, it has light wells that link the square to the ground floor's shops and parking garages while enabling light and air to enter the surrounding buildings' substantial footprints.
- Piazza Gae Aulenti is also one of the most significant areas to go out at night, along with Navigli, is the Piazza Gae Aulenti. Also, there are several restaurants to explore.
- The Vertical Forest, a pair of towers covered with 2,000 varieties of plants, is another attraction here.
- The Corso Como, one of Milan's busiest streets with a wide selection of shops, eateries, and lounges, is connected to the square via a footbridge.
- Visit the square that comes to life with a display of lights, music, and water as the sun sets. In addition, the Solar Tree in the middle of the square uses solar power to illuminate the space with LED lighting.