Umm Al Quwain Wild Life Park is one of the most popular attractions located in the United Arab Emirates, situated in the emirate of Umm Al Quwain. It was opened in 1998 and features a wide variety of wildlife from different continents all over the world. The wildlife park is divided into two main sections; the African enclosure and the Arabian enclosure, each offering its unique range of wildlife, from big cats to adorable primates.
The African enclosure exhibits a variety of African wildlife, including lions, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, and hyenas. Visitors can get close to animals such as meerkats, lemurs, and servals, overlooking the African Savannah. The Arabian enclosure features native birds and reptiles, with species such as the Arabian spiny-tailed lizard and the Arabian onager, as well as the Arabian leopard, one of the region’s most elusive creatures.
Umm Al Quwain Wild Life Park is a great family destination and offers an array of activities and attractions, such as camel rides, snake shows, and boat trips around the park’s lake. Other activities include falconry shows, photo exhibitions, and interactive elephant shows. The park also provides overnight camping facilities, which offer a unique way of experiencing wildlife first-hand.
Umm Al Quwain Wild Life Park is dedicated to providing visitors with a safe and enjoyable experience. The park undergoes regular health and safety inspections to ensure the safety of visitors and animals alike. All visitors are required to comply with the park’s strict rules and regulations, and the park also provides a range of educational talks about conservation and sustainability.
The park is open all year round and receives visitors from across the world. Many of the animals at Umm Al Quwain Wild Life Park are either rescues or have been born in captivity, providing visitors a chance to see endangered species and help in the protection of wildlife. All in all, it is a great opportunity for both families and individuals to explore wildlife while learning more about nature conservation.
Embracing Wildlife Diversity
- Thriving Animal Kingdom - The Zoo Wildlife Park is home to a diverse array of animal species from around the world. From majestic big cats and playful primates to exotic birds and fascinating reptiles, the park's residents showcase the rich tapestry of life on Earth.
- Conservation Initiatives - The park is committed to conservation and wildlife preservation, engaging in efforts to protect endangered species and promote awareness about the importance of biodiversity. Through educational programs and conservation projects, The Zoo Wildlife Park advocates for a sustainable future for all living beings.
Encounters with Nature
- Animal Enclosures and Habitats - The Zoo Wildlife Park offers spacious and naturalistic enclosures that mimic the animals' native habitats. Visitors can observe the animals up close while they roam freely and engage in their natural behaviors.
- Keeper Talks and Interactive Sessions - Keeper talks and interactive sessions are scheduled throughout the day, providing visitors with opportunities to learn from experienced zookeepers and engage with the animals in a safe and educational manner.
- Petting Zoo - Families with children will delight in the petting zoo, where little ones can interact with friendly farm animals and learn about their care and well-being under the supervision of trained staff.
- Children's Play Areas - The park features children's play areas equipped with fun and safe play equipment, ensuring that young visitors have ample space to run, play, and enjoy their time amidst the natural surroundings.
Aviary and Birdwatching
- Aviary Oasis - The park's aviary is a captivating oasis where a myriad of colorful and melodious birds flutter freely. Birdwatchers and enthusiasts can observe these feathered wonders in their aviary sanctuary.
- Birdwatching Stations - Strategically placed birdwatching stations within the park allow visitors to enjoy peaceful moments of birdwatching, capturing photographs and memories of the park's avian residents.
Serene Gardens and Picnic Spots
- Botanical Gardens - The Zoo Wildlife Park also features serene botanical gardens, boasting a diverse collection of flora from various regions. A leisurely walk through these gardens offers a peaceful respite amidst nature's beauty.
- Picnic Spots - For those who wish to enjoy a picnic surrounded by greenery and fresh air, the park provides designated picnic spots where families and friends can savor delightful meals in the embrace of nature.
Planning Your Visit
- Park Timings and Services - The Zoo Wildlife Park Umm Al Quwain is open to visitors throughout the week, with operating hours that allow ample time for exploration and enjoyment. The park also offers amenities such as restrooms, food outlets, and souvenir shops for the convenience of guests.
- Accessibility and Transportation - The park is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation, making it a convenient destination for both local residents and tourists. Ample parking spaces are available for visitors arriving by car.
The Zoo Wildlife Park in Umm Al Quwain is a testament to the wonders of nature and the importance of wildlife conservation. Through its diverse animal exhibits, educational initiatives, and immersive experiences, the park aims to inspire a deeper connection with nature and foster a sense of responsibility towards the environment and its inhabitants. Whether you seek a day of family-friendly fun, a serene encounter with wildlife, or a chance to learn about the marvels of the animal kingdom, The Zoo Wildlife Park promises an enriching and memorable journey that celebrates the beauty and significance of all living creatures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the things to do at The Zoo Wild Life Park?
A: Here are some of the things you can do at The Zoo Wild Life Park:
- See the animals: The zoo has over 1,000 animals, so you're sure to see some of your favorites.
- Feed the animals: Some of the animals at the zoo can be fed by the visitors, such as the giraffes and the elephants.
- Take a ride on the train: The zoo has a train that takes you around the park.
- Visit the petting zoo: The petting zoo is a great place for kids to interact with animals like goats, sheep, and rabbits.
- Go on a safari: The zoo offers safaris where you can see the animals in their natural habitats.
- Have a picnic: There is a picnic area in the zoo where you can enjoy a meal with your family and friends.
Q: How to get to The Zoo Wild Life Park?
A: The Zoo Wild Life Park is easily accessible by car. The nearest major road is the E11 highway.
Q: What are the opening hours of The Zoo Wild Life Park?
A: The Zoo Wild Life Park is open from 8am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
Q: Is there anything else I should know about The Zoo Wild Life Park?
A: Here are a few other things you should know about The Zoo Wild Life Park:
- The entrance fee for adults is AED 50, and for children is AED 25.
- There is a parking fee of AED 10.
- The zoo is stroller-friendly.
- There are a few restaurants and cafes in the zoo.
- The zoo is a great place to spend a day with family and friends.