San Antonio Zoo spans a massive area of 35 acres. Since the zoo opened its doors to the public in 1914, it has been a staple of the area's culture. One of the largest and most diversified collections in the United States, the zoo is home to more than 750 different types of animals from all corners of the globe.
The San Antonio Zoo is known for its dedication to animal conservation and care, which sets it apart from other zoos. The zoo is involved in over a hundred different conservation initiatives all around the world in an effort to save vanishing species and the environments in which they live. The zoo has also undertaken a variety of measures to better the lives of its animals, such as an extensive animal enrichment program to keep the animals' minds and bodies active.
How to explore San Antonio Zoo?
- The San Antonio Zoo's amazing animal species are a big part of the attraction. More than seven hundred and fifty different species of animals from all around the world call the zoo their home. You can go through the numerous exhibits, which provide an experience as near as possible to the animals' natural environments.
- Another popular attraction is the Amazonia exhibit, which recreates a tropical rainforest and houses a wide variety of creatures, including monkeys, birds, and reptiles.
- Feeding giraffes, stroking goats, and swimming with stingrays are just a few of the hands-on experiences that allow you to get closer to the animals at the zoo.
- The San Antonio Zoo is home to numerous additional entertainment experiences. For example, the zoo features a gorgeous carousel that is fun for kids and adults alike. A thrilling zipline that takes you far above the zoo so you can get a bird's-eye view of the animal exhibits.
- The San Antonio Zoo has a number of educational events and displays for anyone who wants to educate themselves more about the animals and their environments. Included in these are hands-on exhibitions, guided tours, and interesting facts about the animal kingdom.
- Hop on the vintage train that will take you around the zoo, especially if you're in the company of children who are eager to join in the fun.