Salam Park often referred to as Salam Family Park, is a former hobby farm that has been transformed into an urban park in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It is one of the most well-liked recreational areas in the nation's capital, known for its 3.3-hectare artificial lake and 1-km long walking path. Each year, it draws more than 780,000 visitors.
Regardless of age, gender, or nation of origin, Riyadh residents have access to a wide range of cultural and recreational possibilities here. The park also improves the urban setting by reducing pollutants and conserving the city's water resources.
Numerous attractions, expansive green spaces, groves, play areas, sports fields, walkways, jogging trails, bridges, public amenities, picnic areas, resting areas, three handicapped entrances, a mosque, and a magnificent lake with boat rides and a lovely fountain are all features of this park. It also offers three accessible entrances. The four main zones are a palm grove, a hillside zone, a lake area, and an ecological zone.
How to explore Salam Park?
- Lake has a zone for boating and similar water activities. Take your family for boat rides and other activities.
- Fascinate your kids by taking them to this separate zone where local and migrating birds' natural life is accommodated. It has a roofed footpath of 1 km.
- Don't miss out on the highlight of the lake area - the fountain. Circularly arranged jets blow water up to 40 m high in vertical streams. This exciting visual feature is also staged by a colorful lighting concept and rhythmic performance.
- Visit the Palm Grove - the northern part of the park developed over a traditional farm, featuring some 1,300 beautiful date palms, both natural and planted.
- Let your kids enjoy the horse rides at the horse riding farm.
- Enjoy the views over the lake and the parkland at the hillside zone.
- Walk or jog at the circular corridor at the hillside zone that is completed by a beautiful, simple, and modern-designed bridge.
- Enter the ecological zone situated at the southeastern corner of the lake that provides a natural habitat for flora and fauna.
- If you belong to the Muslim religion, don't miss out on evening prayers at the mosque built to fulfill religious proceedings.
- Pack your picnic basket and open them in the vast green open spaces present here. Huge lines of palm trees provide shade there.
- Allow your kids to feed the ducks present there at the lakeside.