To discover the city of Bordeaux, its port and wines in the atmosphere of a typical 18th-century merchant house. End your visit with a tasting led by the mediators who will reveal the secrets of the Bordeaux vineyard in Musée du Vin et du Négoce. The Bordeaux Historia Vini association was created in November 2007 with the aim of enhancing the heritage and particular past of the Chartrons district by working on the project of this museum dedicated to wine and trading.
Combining tradition and the future, the museum is a place of meeting and conviviality around wine news, thanks to its strong links with Bordeaux winemakers. It is a story of a business that has shaped Bordeaux for centuries and combines a mythical place with a moment of relaxation and cultural enrichment.
How to explore Musée du Vin et du Négoce?
- Want to know everything about wine? Join their enology workshops that give you the keys to this exciting world and will make you an informed taster!
- In the building of the royal broker of Louis XV, discover three centuries of history and fame of the great wines of Bordeaux.
- The imposing facade, vaulted cellars, and jewelry trace the daily life of 19th-century breeders.
- The museum shop occupies the old copper products and the permanent collection now replaces the barrels in the semi-underground cellars.
- The collection, composed of documents, rare bottles, films, and winemaking equipment, revives several centuries of history.
- Combine the useful with the pleasant in this workshop that offers you to discover the Bordeaux vineyard through chocolates and local wines. Learn more about their manufacture and their history with this cross-tasting rich in sensations that will delight connoisseurs and beginners!
- Indulge yourself in the left bank and right bank that reveal aromas and flavors with the wines of the cellar and the chocolate creations of Hasnaâ Chocolats Grands Crus and Maison Verdier.