The mission of the Cité de l'Océan et du Surf museum is to broaden the general public's understanding of issues about the ocean while investigating the educational and scientific value of the sea and surf, as well as how these elements influence our leisure activities, scientific research, and ecological systems.
THINGS TO DO AT CITE DE L'OCEAN ET DU SURF MUSEUM:
- Appreciate the aesthetic elements that contribute to its status as an extraordinary marvel. The architectural form originates from conceptualizing space as 'under the sky' or 'under the sea.' A concave 'under the sky' shape creates a central gathering plaza open to the sky and sea and has a horizon in the distance. This plaza is open to the public. The convex structural ceiling helps to create exhibition spaces that feel 'under the sea.'
- At the Cité de l'Océan, guests can engage in an educational experience that is not only innovative but also exciting and enjoyable, They are led through awe-inspiring, all-encompassing, and one-of-a-kind ocean experiences, such as the discovery of species and biotopes, the playful exploration of the poles, and sports such as surfing.
- Virtual Trip 360° takes viewers down into the awe-inspiring depths of the ocean, and the experience is incredible. Virtual Surf allows you to compete against seven of the most legendary waves in surfing history and earn the most points possible to make a spot among the best surfers. Surf Sensation 5D is an animation that surfs the line between fiction and reality thanks to the movements of the board, the wind, and the spray.
- Make arrangements for a day spend that will allow conducive to learning and enjoyment for young and old alike, A sensational and one-of-a-kind adventure can be had at the North Pole and the South Pole by watching a dynamic film with special effects. A stunning 40-minute 3D movie that will help you discover or rediscover the ocean's wonders. 700 Sharks in the Night is a 12-minute 360-degree documentary that takes viewers into the middle of a school of grey sharks in the French Polynesian Fakarava reserve.
- Seaborg is a mesmerizing animation, and viewers who crave excitement should watch it, After donning a virtual reality mask, guests embark on an immersive experience that lasts four minutes and encompasses 360 degrees! Feelings are guaranteed to be evoked!