Air India is the national flag carrier of India & has its headquarters in New Delhi. The airline & its famous mascot “The maharaja with folding hands” represents the contemporary India but sticks to its traditional roots & the culture. With a fleet of 124 aircrafts excluding subsidiaries, the Indian airline flies to 37 international and 69 domestic destinations over four continents. Air India offers amazing services such as in-flight entertainment, complimentary meal and champagne (for first class) along with a frequent flyer program for both domestic & international routes.
Air India Online Booking
Air India has signed up code share agreements with popular airlines like Turkish Airlines, Ethiopian, Flybe, Lufthansa, Air Astana, EgyptAir, Singapore Airlines, Eva Air, Sri Lankan Airlines, Air Mauritius, Asiana Airlines & many more for easy connectivity for its passengers. The Indian carrier reported increase to 55.27 lakh passengers during the December 2018 quarter from 53.28 lakh in the year-ago period. (Source: ET). New routes, increased connectivity, and amazing homely amenities convey the airline’s brand slogan “Air India... Truly Indian”
Air India Popular Routes
Air India Flights
Air India operates 36 international and 48 domestic routes in 24 countries to across the world. The airline is considered as one of the oldest airline in the country, serves millions of passengers since its establishment in 1932 as Tata Airlines. Air India is an associate member of Star Alliance.
Information About Air India
|Established Year||15 October 1932 (as Tata Airlines)|
|Headquarters||Airlines House, 113 Gurudwara Rakabganj Road, New Delhi –01|
|Main Hub||Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi)|
|Secondary Hubs||Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai)|
|Company Slogan||Air India... Truly Indian|
|Fleet Size||124 aircrafts|
|Frequent Flyer Program||Flying Retuns|
|Total Domestic Destinations||69|
|Total International Destinations||37|
Air India Advantage
Free checked baggage
Comfortable seating on all classes
Enjoy additional space
Luxurious passenger lounges
Sky bazaar for online shopping in flight
Air India Fleet
Air India fleet has 174 state-of-the aircrafts from Boeing and Airbus. The Air India fleet mentioned excludes the fleet in possession with its subsidiaries.
The wide body aircrafts in Air India fleet are from Boeing and the models are B777-200LR, B777-300ER*, B747-400, and B787-800. The narrow body aircrafts in Airbus and the models are A320 Classic, A320-CEO, A320-NEO, A319, and A321.
Air India Flight Booking – Travel Classes
Air India booking can be done for 3 different seating arrangements:
First Class: Experience luxury with Air India’s booking for First Class seats. Fine dining, exclusive services would take your flying experience to new heights.
Executive Class: The spacious cabins and comfortable seats would welcome you every Air India online booking for Executive Class. Lounge facility, exclusive check in and food and refreshments come complimentary in this this class.
Economy Class: Air India economy class booking comes with free meals and refreshments. International flights are equipped with in-flight entertainment too.
Air India Check In
Air India Check-In is available on below channels:
Mobile or Online Check-In
Usually the web check-in option is available 48-24 hours before your scheduled departure. You can opt for online check-in service with us. You just need to select the online check-in service while filling the Traveler details. We have a dedicated team that would handle your online check-in and ensure you get your preferred seat. The service charges for this is very reasonable.
Benefits of Online Check-In with Rehlat
- Peace of mind
- We track the check-in procedure and timings for you
- We complete your online check-in and get you the preferred seat (window, aisle or middle)
- We send your boarding pass to your Email ID
Air India Airport Check-In
The airport check-in opens 3 hours before for international flights and 2 hours before for domestic flights. The gates are closed 40 mins before the scheduled departure time for both domestic and international routes.
Why Web Check In?
- Select seat online
- Pre-order special meals
- Check in for your baggage
- Print the boarding pass at home/office
The airport check in counters for Air India flights closes at least 45 minutes prior flight departure time. First/business class passengers need to check in 2 hours prior and economy class can start check in before 3 hours of flight departure time.
Air India Flight Schedule & Flight Status
Air India flight status and the schedule is updated live on web. You would need the “to” and “from” destination, departure dates, and flight number. Check your flight number on the boarding pass which you receive after confirmation of your Air India online booking.
Air India Baggage Allowance
Air India baggage allowance for domestic flights is 25 kgs for economy class, 35 kgs for executive class, and 40 kgs for First Class customers.
The baggage allowance for international routes depends on the arriving destination and may differ from 32 to 50 kgs.
Air India cabin baggage is 8 kgs per passenger.
From/ To USA or Canada
First Class and Executive Class: 70 lb/32 kg
Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
Dimensions Size: 158cm
Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
Maximum Weight per piece: 50 lb/23 kg with size of 158 cm
Baggage Allowance: 1 piece each 50 lb/23 kg
Air India In Flight Food & Drinks
Air India provides wide choice of local and international cuisines on board includes hot meals, snacks and beverages include alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Air India airline requests passengers to pre-order for special meals at least 48-hours prior the scheduled flight departure time.
FLYAI Coupon Terms & Conditions
- Sale Validity: 31st May 2019
- Travel Validity: Open
- Use coupon FLYAI to get flat 50 AED Off on Air India flights and use Karam cash equal to 3% of base fare (upto a maximum of 40 AED) . After you complete your Air India flight booking, you will also earn instant 50 AED Karam cashback which can be used for your next booking.
- No minimum booking value needed.
- The coupon can be used only once per registered Email ID.
- The coupon/offer listed is applicable on booking done directly on Rehlat website, mweb, & App flight bookings.
- The coupons are applicable on all international routes . Coupon doesn't apply on Jazeera Airways, Spicejet , flydubai , flynas, Air Arabia, Pegasus, SalamAir, & Air India Express.
How to Earn Karam Cash?
- Sign up to get instant 50 AED Karam Cash.
- Refer your friends and earn Karam cash when they book with Rehlat. They too earn Karam cash when they sign up.
- Know more about Karam Cash - region’s first eWallet loyalty program. Know more
General Terms & Conditions
- Standard terms and conditions and fare rules will continue to apply – please read the fare conditions online at the time of purchase as fare rules vary by ticket and destination.
- Special fares are part of marketing promotions by Rehlat and can be withdrawn without prior notice.
- The fares published in promotions are in general base fare only and total fare might differ when taxes and fees are levied.
- Rehlat shall not be liable to for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the offer or any act or omission due to force majeure events.
- Other terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.