Torbal is not a small town, with over 150,000 people calling it home.
Despite this, there has been a good reason for car enthusiasts to plan a side trip there for about three years now: the KEY Museum. It occupies 7,000 square meters in size and houses a one-of-a-kind collection of historic automobiles and motorcycles throughout its entirety.
It's like hopping on a roller coaster that takes you back to old memories, some of which aren't yours but largely images from a period you may have observed through movies and periodicals. The background is decked out in advertisements and neon signs from the 1950s, which contributes to the nostalgic vibe.
Things to do at Keys Museum:
- The inception story itself is a narrative worth inspiration: When they were little, the Ozgorkey brothers enjoyed playing with their toy Batmobile, but never in their wildest dreams did they imagine that one day they would own a real one. Their enthusiasm for automobiles, patience, and determination in collecting, made the realization of that ambition possible. Their dedication and passion for collecting over the past 12 years have paid off in the form of a museum they have created.
- There are lessons on how science and technology evolved through the centuries: Even for those who aren't particularly knowledgeable about automobiles, this collection is impressive because it contains the first models of automobiles manufactured by well-known manufacturers such as BMW, MINI, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Ford, and Porsche.
- The diverse range of objects in the museum is a charm in itself: Some automobiles will transport you to the world of Mad Men, while others will transport you to the golden age of Hollywood cinema. Still, others are undeniably from the good old Turkish films of Yeşilcam, which is the regional equivalent of Bollywood or Cine-Cittá. The collection of the museum is not limited to just automobiles; in addition to a collection of scarves with automotive motifs, there are also 2,550 model automobiles, 300 emblems from the hoods of cars manufactured before World War II, and 40 historic motorcycles.
- BMW fans are in for a treat here: Even though the BMW sales and the museum are run by two independent departments under the E.Ozgorkey Group, it is clear that Torbal has a strong connection to the Bavarian automobile brand, as the museum, in particular, is home to a large number of BMW classics.
- The never seen before mean machines will spellbind you: Every automobile, or at the very least a selection of those with compelling backstories, deserves its very own stage sets, such as the actual Batmobile from the first Batman film and the same Stutz that Elvis Presley used to drive. Both of these vehicles are included in the exhibit. The museum collection is not limited to just automobiles; in addition to a collection of scarves with automotive motifs, there are also 2,550 model automobiles, 300 emblems from the hoods of cars manufactured before World War II, and 40 historic motorcycles.
- Just picture all of the children running about like they're in a dream around all of those incredible vehicles: Thanks to the museum, all of those children will be motivated to pursue their interests. This is precisely what the Key Museum will accomplish; it will demonstrate once more that the key to the future resides in understanding the past and gaining knowledge from it, as well as providing the key to the future itself.
- Treat yourself to some caffeine and breads here: There is also a shiny red café designed in the style of an American diner and a Shell gas station from the 1950s, both of which appear to have been plucked directly from one of Edward Hopper's paintings.
- Nearby Attractions: Ancient Metropolis may be found close by, while the distance to the famed city of Ephesus is only about 40 kilometers. The Adnan Menderes Airport in Torbal is 30 kilometers from the museum, while Izmir is located 45 kilometers to the southeast.