With many pubs, cafés, and restaurants, downtown Fethiye has a vibrant and active nightlife. Downtown is positioned in the city's center, like any other urban area. It offers beautiful views of the city. It is situated near the main marina. There are little nooks and crannies going up to the castle as well as winding lanes dotted with bougainvillea in this part of the town.
The central position of downtown Fethiye is advantageous for shopping along Paspatur Old Town and dining in a variety of surrounding cafés and eateries. Include Downtown Fethiye in your trip plan for Fethiye.
How to explore Downtown Fethiye?
- In Downtown Fethiye, walk along the long seaside promenade that leads to a marina lined with cafes and restaurants.
- It has a large market offering a selection of Turkish glass lamps, Turkish delight, genuine leather products, and silver and gold jewelry.
- Go shopping in small boutiques that have imitations of designer outfits and accessories. Crack a good deal in these boutiques by bargaining.
- Other attractions include a fish market that sells exotic fish to eat. So if you are staying longer, try cooking yourself in your kitchen or give the fish varieties to a local to cook for you in the most traditional Turkish recipe.
- It also has a Turkish bath for you to rejuvenate after a long tiring day in the streets.
- It houses an ancient Roman theater and an open-air cinema. This was one of the leisurely activities Turkish people delved into in yesteryear. It has some ruins and archaeological significance for you to get fascinated by.
- You can stay in the Yacht Classic Hotel, where Daniel Craig stayed during the filming of 'Skyfall.' The hotel offers impeccable hospitality, food, and pampering to their guests.
- Treat yourself to a freshly made watermelon or pomegranate juice to sip at the marina side in one of the shacks.
- Opt for a full-service Turkish spa in one of the hotels. These spas are known to heal your body fully and revitalize your senses.
- Stay in the prettiest of suites here to make it the most amazing leisure trip. Gorge the world's most delicious cuisines in these suites that offer panoramic vistas of the marina.