The 300-meter Abha Lake Dam, which offers a breathtaking view of the expanse of the glistening blue lake, is constructed over a one-kilometer-long lake and is one of the top sights to see in Abha. The dam plays a significant role in safeguarding the terrain of this area, with gorgeous mountains serving as its backdrop. The area is excellent for spending a pleasant day with family or friends because it has moderate temperature and a cool breeze nearly always blows over the lake.
The natural oasis is perfect for nature enthusiasts who wish to spend time in this serene environment because it draws various exotic birds and tiny animals. Additionally, there are several public parks along the shoreline and eateries where you may get something to eat while you relax.
Highlights of Abha Lake Dam:
- Visitors can enjoy the scintillating view of the fusion of the lake's azure blue waters with the greenery of the surrounding terrain from the 300-meter-tall Abha Dam, which encircles the Abha Lake.
- The dam is a terrific location for thrill seekers and allows them to partake in various activities, such as water games and other adventurous pursuits.
- One can take in sound and light festivals and other attractions when visiting the dam, including fountains, water screens, and laser shows.
- Major metropolitan landmarks include cable car stations, Funland, and the Palace Hotel surrounding Abha Dam. Additionally, there are a lot of cafés and restaurants close by; in fact, a Dunkin Donuts is only a short distance from the location.
- The lake is shrouded with fog during the winter, creating a stunning scene. Also visible as you approach the lakes, tiny ducklings and fish swim beneath the surface.
- Since the lake is relatively deep, kids like to feed the ducks. Overall, it is an excellent location to picnic or barbecue with your family over the weekend.
- The dam, surrounded by thick trees and looking out over the Al Sadd Garden, is a beautiful area to go for walks. Various adventure sports, including water games and others, are ideal near the dam.
- The dense forest surrounding the lake is great for treks and picnics. In some regions of the lake, you can also participate in sports like boating and swimming.
- You can enjoy a breathtaking panorama of the coast from the lake if the weather is favourable.